Throughout life we make “plans” for managing all sorts of things – how about managing our emotional life in a planned manner. If you or a loved one struggles with depression it can be helpful to create a “plan” or a “blueprint” for managing depression. Elements of a successful plan should include:
- EDUCATE: yourself, your family, and/or caregivers
- DEVELOP: A trusting relationship with your therapist and/or physician
- WORK: Collaborate with your treating clinicians to find the right combination of treatments to insure success
- CREATE: A support network, perhaps that includes other people who have struggled with depression
- EMPOWER: Yourself! By taking control of your treatment plan
- GET INVOLVED: Stay busy, develop new interests or hobbies stay socially involved
If you or a loved on needs assistance in developing a comprehensive “plan” to manage depression or any other mental health concern please give us a call at Holtz Psychological Services, we are here to help! (631) 427-6669.